|“Empowering healthy living through innovation in nutritional healthcare.”|
Vitabiotics has manufactured innovative health care products for over 40 years; a British company committed to human health and research.
Based in London, Vitabiotics has created a unique portfolio of products at the forefront of scientific developments in key sectors, including nutrition and women’s health.
Designed to provide maximum efficacy by supporting the human body in its own natural processes, each product is developed using the latest research available, and produced to the highest pharmaceutical standards.
Innovation is the key to Vitabiotics’ success. This means keeping at the leading edge of international research on the one hand, while remaining sensitive to specific consumer needs on the other.
Vitabiotics has a profound commitment to translating the latest scientific advancements into effective products, which are fully integrated with modern consumer lifestyles. Vitabiotics’ brand portfolio includes some of the fastest growing supplements in the UK and numerous brand leaders.
Vitabiotics guarantees the highest technological skills and a dedication to excellence.
In tribute to our former chairman
PROFESSOR A.H.BECKETT OBE (1920-2010)
O.B.E., B.Sc, Ph.D., D.Sc., FRPharm.S., Hon DSc.’s (Heriot Watt, Leuven, Uppsala),
Professor Emeritus, University of London
CHAIRMAN, VITABIOTICS (1992 – 2010)
Vitabiotics is proud to have had world renowned scientist, Professor Arnold Beckett at its head for 18 years. Prof. Beckett pioneered Vitabiotics’ innovation of formulas for specific needs and life stages, As well as our philosophy of balanced, moderate levels of nutrients in synergistic formulations.
Professor Beckett was Head of the School of Pharmacy at Kings College, London for 25 years. He published 465 research papers, and was founding editor of the distinguished international journal of Medicinal Chemistry. His professional posts included President of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, and the Medicinal Commission of the International Olympic Committee.
As part of the lasting Vitabiotics philosophy, which was strongly instilled by our Professor Beckett, Vitabiotics not only relies on published, peer reviewed data on its nutrient ingredients but also conducts trials on the product formulations themselves. We currently have a number of clinical trials already published, in progress, or awaiting publication, and were one of Britain’s first nutraceutical company to have engaged in such high quality clinical trials in this way.
THE TIMES Feb 10th 2010
“….A pioneer of drug testing in sport… it was Beckett’s work in doping that brought him a 25-year-long membership of the medical commission of the International Olympic Committee… Beckett was… with its founder and president, Dr Kartar Lalvani (his former student) during which time they worked on many ground breaking innovations, including the development of many of the UK’s most widely used nutraceuticals….”
For over 40 years Vitabiotics has been pioneering developments and innovation in vitamin and mineral supplements. With a mission of ‘Empowering people to improve their health through innovation in nutritional health care’ we have created a leading portfolio of trusted, effective brands.
Progress through the years:
- Vitabiotics was founded in 1971 by Dr Kartar Lalvani OBE.
- The first product launched was Oralcer, the patented and licensed mouth ulcer treatment.
- Launched Omega-H3 the first true comprehensive multivitamin. Even today it is still the No.1 selling nutritional supplement in many countries around the world.
- The Company established international manufacturing facilities and invested in research that paved the way for brands such as for Pregnacare®, Osteocare® and Menopace®.
- Other brand launches: Feroglobin® B12 liquid and capsules, Perfectil® and Immunace®.
- Professor Arnold Beckett OBE appointed Chairman (click here for more information)
- Brand launches included Diabetone®, Wellman®, Wellwoman, Visionace®, Cardioace® and Jointace®.
- National UK distribution acquired in key retailers such as Boots, Superdrug, Tesco and Sainsburys.
- Acquisition of regional Merck & Co facilities.
- 1996 Vitabiotics celebrated its 25th anniversary at the House of Commons.
- UK market data confirmed Pregnacare®, Menopace®, Perfectil® and Osteocare® are all No1 in their category.
- Vitabiotics presence extended to over 65 countries worldwide.
- New brand launches: Wellwoman®, Neurozan®, Dietrim®, Wellkid®, Wellteen®, Tricologic®, Immunace®and Liverel®.
- Launch of vitabiotics.com as an integrated e-commerce site.
- 2000 Vitabiotics acknowleged with DTI (Department of Trade & Industry) Export Award in 2000 for outstanding achievement in export.
- 2001 Vitabiotics won BT vision 100 Award, as one of the UK’s top 100 Most Visionary Companies.
- 2002-2005 Vitabiotics awarded Vitamin Supplier of the Year for four years running by Boots, Europe’s largest pharmacy chain.
- 2003 Vitabiotics won the prestigious Queen’s Award for International Trade.
- 2004 DTI Innovation Award, in recognition of the Immunace trial in HIV patients conducted by the London School of Tropical Medicine.
- 2008 awarded the Queen’s Award for International trade for the second time.
- 2008 Ernst and Young awarded Dr Lalvani the accolade of Entrepreneur of the year.
- 2009 Boots awarded Vitabiotics Supplier of the Year in recognition of 99.9% supply chain delivery record putting Vitabiotics ahead of all other suppliers, in all other categories at Boots.
- 2009 JP Morgan, Family Business Award recognised the success of our family owned company.
- Acquisition of Sandoz Asia manufacturing facilities.
- Vitabiotics became the UK’s second largest branded multivitamin manufacturer.
- Export activity extended to over 100 countries.
- 2011 Vitabiotics celebrated its 40th anniversary.
- Launched licensed traditional herbal medicine range e.g. Echinacea and Valerian.
- Launch of Wellman® Skin Technology topical skincare range, developed using ARMS™ (Advanced Research in Mens Skincare).
- 2013 TiE awarded Tej Lalvani the accolade of Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
- April 2013 Vitabiotics is very proud to become the first British company to receive the Queen’s Award for Innovation in vitamin research.
- Vitabiotics overtakes all other companies, to become the No.1 vitamins, mineral and supplements company in the UK (source: IRI April 2013).
- 2013 awarded Boots Overall Supplier of the Year in all categories.
With continued dedication to pioneering innovation and excellence in nutritional support, our journey continues, and we look forward to the next 40 years.
|Vitabiotics Board of Directors include an extremely experienced team of professionals focussed on delivering effective and innovative healthcare products.|
DR. K. T. LALVANI OBE
B.Pharm, PhD, M.R.Pharm.S, (Lon), D.Sc (Bonn)
Former research scientist at University of Bonn
B.A. (Hons) Management
PROF. A. LALVANI (non executive)
M.A., D.M. (Oxon), M.B.B.S. (Hons), F.R.C.P. (London)
Chair in Infectious Diseases, Imperial College London
R. P. TAYLOR
BSc (Biochem), FIHR, MSc
Chairman, Health Food Manufacturers’ Association
B. Pharmacy, MSc.
|At Vitabiotics we are committed to establishing long term charity partnerships. Our support includes helping good causes and funding much needed research, and helping to support vital educational campaigns and health awareness initiatives. Listed below are some of our current and recent charity partners.|
|National Childbirth Trust (NCT)|
The NCT offers information and support in pregnancy, childbirth and early parenthood, and aims to enable every parent to make informed choices. Vitabiotics supports the NCT in many ways, including charity information on pack, and on in pack leaflets for Pregnacare.
|The Miscarriage Association|
Provides support and information to those who have lost a baby in pregnancy, and works to raise awareness of pregnancy loss and the issues surrounding it. Vitabiotics has provided The Miscarriage Association with financial support through information leaflet sponsorship.
|Wellbeing Of Women (WoW)|
Wellbeing of Women is the charity dedicated to improving the health of women and babies across the UK. Every year they invest in special research projects and allocate funds towards the specialist training of doctors and midwives. The research has helped with medical developments including fetal screening, IVF, vitamin supplements in pregnancy and cervical cancer screening. Vitabiotics has been supporting WoW since 1997 by funding research and raising awareness of the charities work, by including charity information on Wellwoman packs, leaflets and advertising.
The national charity for the newborn, BLISS supports parents and families of newborns fighting for life, provides hospital equipment for intensive care of infants, sponsors nurse training, and funds research which will impact the future care of sick babies. Vitabiotics has supported BLISS with ongoing advertising, and has sponsored a leaflet about the valuable work BLISS does.
|The National Association of Premenstrual Syndrome (NAPS).|
The only charity in the UK to provide help, information and support to PMS sufferers and their families, the NAPS works to promote a better understanding of PMS and its treatment by the medical profession. Vitabiotics has sponsored a leaflet for NAPS on dietary guidelines for premenstrual syndrome. The NAPS has also joined with Vitabiotics in a series of radio interviews to promote awareness of dietary measures to help with PMS.
|The National Osteoporosis Society (NOS)|
Vitabiotics Osteocare supports the National Osteoporosis Society. The leading charity for bone health in the UK, the NOS offers support to people with osteoporosis, their families and carers, through a range of detailed information booklets, a national telephone helpline and a network of regional support groups.
|The Macular Disease Society|
The Macular Disease Society is a self-help society for those diagnosed with any of the eye conditions encompassed by the overall name of Macular Disease. The Society is dedicated to providing information and practical support so that those with the condition may make the most of their remaining vision.
Vitabiotics works with the Macular Disease Society to help educate individuals about the important role that nutrition can play in the prevention of macular disease through sponsorship of its website and the provision of scientific information.
|Women’s Health Concern (WHC)|
Vitabiotics is proud to support the work of Women’s Health Concern (WHC), a charity that provides an independent service to advise, reassure and educate women about their health concerns, to enable them to work in partnership with their own medical practitioners and health advisers. WHC offer unbiased information on many areas of women’s health including menopause– by telephone, email, in print, online and through conferences, seminars and symposia. www.womens-health-concern.org
|The National AIDS Trust and World AIDS Day.|
The National AIDS Trust (NAT) is the UK’s leading independent policy and campaigning charity on HIV and AIDS. They develop policies and campaign to halt the spread of HIV and AIDS, and improve the quality of life of people affected by HIV, both in the UK and internationally. World AIDS Day is the international day of action on HIV and AIDS and takes place every year on 1 December. Immunace is proud to support World Aids Day. Immunace is a clinically proven formula for the immune system. For more information click here.
|ZSL London Zoo (Official Corporate Partner)|
Not just for humans, Vitabiotics even supports the gorillas at ZSL London Zoo. Effie is the latest resident at the zoo to benefit from a boost of additional nutrients in her diet with a daily dose of Vitabiotics Perfectil Plus Skin. London Zoo keepers are familiar with the many benefits of giving gorillas vitamin supplements. In the past, Mjukuu the gorilla was given Vitabiotics Pregnacare prenatal vitamins to help ensure she was healthy during and after her pregnancy. Gorillas, much like humans, require a nutritious and balanced diet if they are to maintain long-term health so nutritional supplements have provided a safeguard to ensure Effie and the other gorillas at London Zoo are receiving a range of vitamins and minerals daily. Vitabiotics is an official corporate partner to London Zoo.
We also support and work with a number of Health Concern Organisations, including:-
|Food For The Brain|
Food For The Brain (FFB) is a leading education charity promoting the link between nutrition and brain health and performance, especially in children. Vitabiotics WellKid®, Neurozan® and Pregnacare® Plus have been certified and approved by FFB.
|Consumers for Health Choice (CHC)|
Formed in 1996, Consumers for Health Choice (CHC) is a campaigning organisation defending the interests of consumers of food supplements, herbal remedies and other natural health products and therapies. CHC considers that a series of new regulations from the European Union are overly restrictive and will prevent UK consumers having continued access to safe and popular products which have been traditionally used in the UK to achieve and maintain optimum health.
|Health Food Institute|
Vitabiotics are happy to lend their patronage to the Health Food Institute. The Health Food Institute was born in December 1979, and during 2010 it celebrated 30 years of promoting standards in natural products education and providing professional status to anyone working in the health food industry, especially retailers.
The Institute is a non-profit organisation devoted to providing high quality training for all health food retailers and their staff; thus raising standards of service to consumers and in turn raising awareness of the value of whole foods. natural products, herbal remedies, and vitamin and mineral supplements.
|HFMA – Health Food Manufacturers’ Association|
Vitabiotics is a member of the HFMA (Health Food Manufacturers’ Association) and HFMA Council member, which helps set the standards for the regulation of nutritional products in the UK and throughout Europe.
|University of Westminster, School of Integrated Health|
Vitabiotics, sponsors of staff and student development for the School’s Nutritional Therapy Programme.
Vitabiotics recognises the importance of the University of Westminster’s unique Nutritional Therapy course and is working with the School of Integrated Health on a five year programme to support the educational development of students and the continuing professional development of staff. Vitabiotcs sponsors a range of activities including Polyclinic staff development seminars, an annual lecture and provides student prizes across all three year groups.
|The Vegetarian Society|
The voice of Britain’s 4 million vegetarians, The Vegetarian Society aims to increase awareness of vegetarianism and the issues surrounding it through campaigning, education, information and research. Osteocare® carries the Vegetarian Society “V” symbol, an official seal of approval to show the product is suitable for vegetarians.